My research addresses the interface between natural resource management policies and outcomes for rural livelihoods and sustainable resource management in the low income tropics. Specifically I am interested in the following topics:
- The role of environmental income in poverty reduction and societal inequality;
- Household level outcomes of forest sector decentralization;
- The relationship between natural resource institutions and poverty reduction;
- Outcomes from reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD+) projects;
- Distributional effects of the structure of forest product value chains;
- Research design and methods for understanding household level outcomes of natural resource management policies
For information about my publications, please see my CV.